For most chop orders and length orders up to about 500 feet (depending on size of moulding and total weight), we currently use UPS and FedEx. These carriers only accept sticks that do not exceed seven feet in length. If the sticks available are longer (8-12 feet), our protocol is to first cut individual sticks at a kink or knot. Give us your preferred cut schedule as an alternative guideline.
We recommend air freight for large length orders, or when you need sticks longer than seven feet. They charge based on weight, with a minimum usually around $150 (depending on your location.)
Our protocol is to ship via the least expensive option (usually ground service) unless you request otherwise. Most areas have third day, second day, and next day services available. The shipping companies charge according to weight, package dimensions, and other criteria, which make up the freight cost on your invoice. We cannot guarantee the shipping company’s performance.
Receiving Your Order – and checking for damage
All Picture Woods moulding has been carefully inspected before wrapping. When you receive your order, please check for any visible damage to the box, then remove the moulding. KEEP THE BOX AND ALL PACKAGING MATERIAL.
Immediately inspect your moulding for the following:
- Is there any damage such as dents, cracks, or scratches? Shipping damage most often occurs without any apparent damage to the outer packaging.
- Did you get what you ordered? Is the profile, wood, finish, and frame size (or footage) correct?
If anything is amiss:
- DO NOT cut moulding, assemble frames, or alter in any way.
- Call us as soon as possible. Freight claims must be placed within 21 days.
- Keep all packaging and materials. The majority of damage occurs during shipping. Freight companies reject any claim where the complete packaging is not available for them to inspect.
Moulding that is dented or dinged is very often the result of shipping damage, even when the box appears to be unscathed. Boxes often rebound from impact, but moulding does not.
Although we thoroughly inspect every order that is produced, occasionally something slips through. Call us right away. If we have made a mistake, we will gladly exchange unassembled, unaltered moulding with new moulding exactly as it was originally specified, at no charge.
If you made an error on a previous order and need to purchase new moulding, let us know, and we will do our best to expedite your replacement order with production.